Favorite mastic products
What is Masticlife Mastic Gum?
Mastic gum is the resin of the mastic tree (Pistacia lentiscus var. Chia), a low evergreen tree with thousands of years of cultivation and use.
In addition to the actual benefits for which it is valued, mastic gum is also unique because it is harvested from a single location in the world - a relatively small area in the south of the island of Chios. The original Chios mastic gum is the main ingredient in Masticlife dietary supplements and other products we offer. The use of original raw materials and controlled production guarantee the effectiveness and quality of Masticlife.
How to choose mastic and other tips
If you want to take the mastic, you have several options as to what form to choose.
Raw mastic is the obvious choice if you want to experience the true taste and smell. It is the original form of the resin, which we offer in several sizes.
Precise dosage for controlled use is offered by mastic dietary supplements, which are either in the form of capsules or powder, which has the advantage that it also works in the mouth and the entire digestive system.
You can buy original mastic gum our e-shop Masticlife.
Mastic for normal function of the digestive system
Chios Mastic Gum is effective for the normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
Masticlife dietary supplements are designed to allow the optimal amount of mastic gum to be used. The pure original mastic content in Masticlife always corresponds to the recommended daily dosage while achieving the lowest cost of the active ingredient.
Abdominal pain, reflux, heartburn
Have you been tested negative for helicobacter pylori and still feel unpleasant symptoms? Do you have abdominal pain? Do you feel nausea, heartburn or suffer from bad breath? Chronic reflux or gastric acid reflux may be the cause.
Frequently asked questions
What is mastic gum?
Mastic is a natural product used since ancient times for normal digestion, oral health and other effects. It is the resin of the Chios variant of the mastic tree, which is further processed into tears (raw mastic), powder from crushed tears and oil. Mastic is an ingredient in advanced Masticlife dietary supplements, as well as in cosmetics, toothpastes and mouthwashes.
What may mastic help with?
- Mastic contributes to the normal functioning of the gastrointestinal system.
- Mastic has an antibacterial effect in the oral cavity.
If you are interested in more detailed information about the effects of the mastic, visit the user experience pages and other resources.
How do I choose mastic gum?
When choosing mastic, it is important what effect you expect.
The tears of the mastic, its original form, are chewed. They have a specific woody-fruity taste and a pleasant smell. For many people, chewing mastic is a healthy habit. If you're new to mastic, find out how to get started.
Mastic capsules are modern dietary supplements that guarantee the effectiveness of mastic directly in the stomach. In addition to the pure powder formula, you can choose capsules enriched with other ingredients.
Mastic powder may be more comfortable to take, plus it also works in the oral cavity and esophagus.
In all cases, make sure of the originality of the raw material used.
How to take mastic and what to be aware of when using the mastic?
It is practically impossible to overdose on mastic, so if you like to chew it, you don't have to limit yourself in anything.
In the case of dietary supplements, however, it is usually pointless to exceed the recommended dosage and take more than 2 grams of pure mastic per day.
There are no risks to taking mastic, but definitely heed these warnings:
- Mastic may lower blood pressure. This cannot be cited as a beneficial effect of mastic, but we feel it is important to point it out. In practice, this only applies to people with very high blood pressure, but if you suffer from low blood pressure, check that the effect of the mastic does not lower your blood pressure further.
- Do not take the mastic at the same time as probiotics. This does not affect the effectiveness of the mastic, but on the contrary the mastic eliminates the probiotics so that their intake is practically useless. Always take probiotics, live cultures at least 3 hours after taking the mastic. Do not use products combining mastic and probiotics. But be careful not to confuse them with prebiotics, which on the contrary are ideal for combination with mastic.
- If you feel heaviness or pressure in the stomach area when taking the mastic, take the mastic at least 30 minutes before eating. The feeling of pressure may disappear. This is common in people who suffer from gastritis, reflux or helicobacter pylori infection.
What is the difference between Mastix, masticha, mastiha and mastic?
Don't be surprised if there's no big difference. It is always a transcription of the original Greek name μαστιχα. In Czech, you may also come across the term masticha and mastika. In German it is Mastix and in English mastic. In Turkish mastic gum is damla sakızı.
Where can I get help about choosing and using mastic gum?
We will be pleased to help you choose the right dietary supplement, provide information on the effectiveness of the mastic and use.
Contact us in chat or by email: