HPMC Vegetarian Capsules
Vegetarian capsules (HPMC capsules) are clear capsules that are made from plant-derived materials. HPMC capsules do not contain any preservatives. HPMC capsules contain no sugar, corn, wheat or soy.
What is the abbreviation HPMC
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose is also known as "hypromellose". HPMC capsules are made from hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose. It is considered a safe substance for consumption and is commonly used as an alternative to gelatin.
Why does Masticlife use HPMC capsules?
Masticlife mastic gum and HPMC capsules: we care about quality! Due to the fact that mastic is a purely natural product, we chose the HPMC vegan standard capsule as the packaging of mastic gum powder.
How to easily swallow a capsule with mastic gum powder?
- Take a sip of water to moisten your mouth.
- Put the mastic gum capsule on your tongue into the center of your mouth.
- Take a big sip of water.
- Swallow the mastic gum capsule.
- Take a few sips of water again.
Mastic capsules should be taken on an empty stomach, approximately 30 minutes before meals.
Can I open the mastic gum capsule and swallow only the powder?
There is no danger of opening the mastic gum capsules. Mastic is a natural substance, the resin of the mastic tree. If you have trouble swallowing the capsules, we recommend that you open the capsule and pour the mastic powder on a spoon and then put it in your mouth and drink few sips of water. Or pour the contents of the capsule into a glass and then drink.
Does mastic gum dissolve in water?
No, mastic is a resin, it doesn't dissolve in water.
Does inulin dissolve in water?
Yes, inulin dissolves.
Warning: avoid inhaling mastic powder! Be careful when swallowing mastic powder!
How long does it take for the HPMC capsule to dissolve in the stomach?
About 5-10 minutes, the HPMC capsule in the stomach begins to soften and disintegrate.
If you have problems swallowing capsules, you can choose Mastic Comfort (sachets).
Who is Mastic Comfort intended for:
- Mastic powder is taken directly or by the spoon, so you don't have to swallow the capsules if you're uncomfortable with that.
- The precisely measured content of mastic powder in the sachet allows for accurate dosing.
- Masticlife Mastic Comfort contains the optimum dose of mastic (800 mg) for normal and intensive use: 1 sachet (800 mg) or 2 sachets (1.6 g) per day.